Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lunch and Learn

I had the great pleasure of lunching today with Jenna Pepper from Food with Kid Appeal. Jenna is a mom on a mission to help spread the word about healthy nutrition for kids and is very active in school food reform. Her blog has great information on getting your kids to eat healthy foods, as well as great recipes. From the moment I found her blog and read about everything that she is doing and has done, I knew I wanted to meet her. I was specifically interested in the workshops she has done for moms and their preschoolers, as this is a big focus area for me in my future practice. I found inspiration from Jenna's blog and was inspired today by her words of encouragement. I came back from lunch and immediately started adding ideas to my "vision notes" - a listing of thoughts and ideas I have for taking my vision and turning it into action. Stay tuned as this vision unfolds over the next year!

"You can't just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream; you've got to get out there and make it happen for yourself." - Diana Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment